Monday, March 14, 2011

My Heart's Song

                      My heart sings a special song, that time cannot take away

Regret cannot sour the notes

Cannot alter the words my heart longs to say

Forever the melody shall live in my soul

Along with the memories there

Of a love that I cherish, the one I adore

Of the hands that hold my heart near

When my eyes drift to sleep at the end of the day

And dreams take over my mind

I cannot help but sing the sweet song

That remind me of that sweet gentle time

Regardless of distance divided by space

The song remains in my heart

As soft and as tender and surprisingly strong

                                   As was it was from the very start

My heart sings the song I sang in your arms 

                                   Time cannot take it away





No comments:

Post a Comment