Friday, March 11, 2011

Such a Sucker


When I got home from work last night, my husband and I were doing our "How was your day" ritual when we heard a commotion downstairs. I went to see what was going on when there was a knock on the front door. I opened the door to find a little girl and a little boy standing on my front porch. In the yard were too older brothers pulling a wagon full of.... GIRL SCOUT COOKIES! The little girl and her brother were so eager to sell me a box, that I could barely make out what they were saying during their sales pitch. After a year of laying around on my butt due to a tumble down the rabbit hole, the last thing I need is Girl Scout Cookies. But they were so cute, and it was so precious seeing a band of brothers pitching in to help their little sister meet her goal, and I'm such a sucker. Just because I bought them doesn't mean I have to open them... Right? This morning as I walked out of the house I reached for the box and thought I should probably just bring it to work... Then I jerked my hand back as if I had been electrocuted and thought again. Having the smell of peanut butter and chocolate tempting me all day probably wouldn't work out so well for me and my thighs. Briefly I thought about bringing the cookies to our I.T.guy who is exactly like the Mikey commercial.... "Give it to Fred... He'll
eat anything", but I didn't, I guess I wasn't feeling generous enough before my morning coffee. I'm still thinking about taking them back after lunch with a stern warning he should make sure they are properly disposed of and if not hidden from my nose and eyes until they are. Maybe I could use them as a bribe for the next time I totally screw up my computer and he comes to my office with the "The Look" on his face. Yeah, that's what I'll do, because he's a sucker too, especially when it comes to all things edible.

No comments:

Post a Comment