Sunday, March 13, 2011

I Will Walk Through the Fire


One of the wonders of God is how he has the most amazing way of putting special people into my life. Being part of a church family has given him more opportunities to put a rainbow of people into, not only my life but the lives of my children. I can and never will take credit for the wonderful people my children have turned out to be, because they were truly raised by a village. I can never be thankful enough for the ones who have influenced, guided, taught and just loved my kids as if they were their own. Every Sunday morning we are blessed beyond belief with an aray of beautiful music at church. This morning the one who brought a special song to the morning service was one of the special people God brought into my life several years ago. She is the same age as my daughter and they have always been good friends. when she stepped up to th microphone and began to sing tears instantly sprung to my eyes. Her voice, sweet as an angel's voice swept over my heart and I began to cry all the while grinning from ear to ear.
She is just one of those special people. Her freshman year of college presented her with some challenges she wasn't prepared to face, but face them she did. She had every opportunity to turn away from God and take a different life path than the way she was raised and the faith she was raised in. I smile, because I know life hasn't always been easy for her and it hasn't always been kind to her. The song she sang was "If You Want Me To" (find video linked below). I know that the song was more than just a song for her. She has walked through the fire on more than one occasion and for someone as young as herself, she has come out of the fire amazingly faithful. She has a precious husband who has walked through the fire with her and two adorable little girls. Tonight at church I hugged her and with tears in my eyes again, I told her how proud I was for her and told her that I felt like she was my own child. I think it's important to hand out verbal roses to people while they are living instead of waiting until they have passed. Every time I see her and her little family, my heart absolutely does summersults, because I know that if she hadn't been faithful and perservered, life for her would have taken a totally different path than it has. She is blessed and she has been such a blessing to me. I just want her to know how much I love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment