Friday, March 4, 2011

Letting Go - He Fills the Void

                                   You pried my finger from it...
So you could have control...
The process took much longer...
I was slow in letting go...
With gentle eyes you looked at me...
In a tender whisper said...
Things will be much easier...
Just give it to me instead...

White knuckles wrapped around it...
Holding oh so tight...
This thing I really wanted...
In my hand it felt so right...
But deep inside the whole of me...
I knew it had no place...
Why hold to something harmful...
When joy could take it's place...
The choice seemed oh so simple...
To lose or much to gain...
A very simple process...
Or one that caused much pain...
I need only to surrender...
What I held with all my might...
And risk the pain in knowing...
The choice had all been mine...

Or release to him with freedom...
Rest knowing my choice was right...
No longer carry the burden...
For a load no longer mine...

With trepid hesitation...
I slowly did release...
And found a flood of comfort...
A sense of such relief...
His mercy swept right over me...
A flow that felt so sweet...
I knew without reluctance...
What I had held I had no need...
He took what was empty...
And I'd worked so hard to fill...
 His grace replaced the void...
The wounds could now be healed...

No comments:

Post a Comment