Sunday, January 30, 2011

Shout Out to Two Amazing People

My Brother from another Mother and me skiing

Two of the most amazing people in my life celebrated their birthdays last week. The first one is the next closest thing I have to an honest to God brother, except for my honest to God brother. What do they call that? My brother from another mother.... All three of my children sat under his ministry when he was youth pastor. He has probably had the biggest impact on the people they have become and are becoming, next to my husband and I. I actually call him Bubba and I mean that with great affection. We had the honor of surprising him with a 50th birthday party Saturday night. So many people showed up to wish him happy birthday and that's just the tip of the iceburg to those he has influenced and the lives he has helped change over the 19 years that we have known him. He is truly a man after God's own heart and I love him dearly. Happy Birthday Bubba!!
Angel on earth
The second person to celebrate another year of aging is my very best friend in the whole wide world. She is amazing in every way possible and I'll never be but a shadow of the wife and mom that she actually is. She is one of the few people in life who call me "Jaquetta Jane". We have shared all of the laughs and tears of lifes ups and downs, from first sounds of our childrens cries to the sound of weeping at her parents grave. I'm a stronger person because she expects it of me and she's a stronger person because I won't let her believe anything less about herself. We've worked side by side and kept a friendship that has stood the test of time and distance and different life paths. No one comes closer to being an angel in my eyes as my very best friend. Happy Birthday Sissy, I love you high as the sky.
I can't imagine what my life would be like without people like these two in it. They make the best times better and the bad times tolerable. They influence not just me, but everyone around them.  I love you both and I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment