Sunday, January 9, 2011

Play Doh Moments


Yesterday I went through the heart wrenching process of putting my daughter and grand kitten on a airplane headed back to San Diego. I'm not sure I'll ever get used to seeing her leave and never knowing when I'll get to see her sweet face again makes it more difficult. I am getting a little better about controlling meltdown mode when I let her go. I made it several miles from the airport before the tears began to burn my eyes. My husband to this day,  does not get the female emotion deal and the many complex issues that go on inside a woman's heart. The bond between mother and child simply cannot be put into words and the struggle usually always ends in tears. I gathered myself together rather quickly, shrugged off his questions and continued
on with my day (with that still gaping hole in my heart). We had a good week together. Monday she got to spend the day with her Daddy. Tuesday I took off work and we did girl stuff together and fixed dinner for Nanna and Papa. Wednesday she net up with friends and took her little brother to the City to meet their brother for dinner. Thursday she spent time with family and Friday she got to hang with her brother as he officially began his own business. This visit wasn't rushed, it was relaxed yet she managed to squeeze almost everyone in for a little one on one. I'd like to say that we had a line up of exciting Activities to be enjoyed, but besides New Year's Day the most exciting thing she probably did was spend an evening playing with play doh with her brother. As much as we'd like to think it's the big exciting things that make life fun, it's really just the simple pleasures that
create the memories that last a lifetime. Saturday night we joined my friend from high school and her husband for a Thunder game. It was a wonderful way to take my mind off the end of a great visit. We had box seats and all of the sweet things that come with it.  The seats were comfy cozy and the company was fabulous. It's been a pleasure getting reacquainted with my old friends the last couple of months. Tomorrow it's back to the grind. The holidays are behind me, New Year's Day was uneventful (thank you Jesus), and it looks like I have the beginnings of a great year. I'm counting my blessings big and small and enjoying the play doh moments as they come.

No comments:

Post a Comment