Sunday, February 27, 2011

My Thoughts Went Back to Yesterday


Tried as hard as I may today...
My thoughts went back to yesterday...
Blurry visions in black and white...
Shadows hiding in bright moon light...


Tender words I now recall...
Tears upon my cheeks did fall...


Were they merely dreams of the night...
Or fantasy of my wounded mind...
The sadness they bring to me now....
Leave me wondering, the where, the why, the how...


The mind's a deep and haunting place...
The hidden secrets leave no trace...
The narrow passage of time shall bring...
Healing to  most painful things...


The lips from which the words did come...
Feed the wonder I wonder upon...
Did they know my name...
Did they say it dear...
Or did I imagined what I did not hear


Yet when  my mind wonders still...
Will certain parts quite ever heal...
And if they do will scars remain...
Of the thing time has yet to change...


Tried as hard as I may today....
My thoughts went back to yesterday....







No comments:

Post a Comment