Wednesday, September 2, 2015

No Big Surprise

I'm generally a positive person. I'm not an optimistic person, but neither am I a pessimist. I would say I fall squarely in the realm of being a realist (insert deep sigh here). I intentionally try to stay grounded in a realistic frame of mind, because there is nothing I detest more than being disappointed (that statement should be in all caps, but I hate to be rude and scream on my blog) Disappointment is extremely hard for me to take which isn't a good thing; life if full of disappointment. This morning I was scolding myself over a situation that I was thoroughly disappointed about. I was talking to myself (I'm very entertaining) and I said...... "Why in the world are you disappointed???  (I think I called myself a Moron) This is exactly the outcome you expected.... Why the surprise and disappointment?" That's when I realized that although the outcome was what I expected and planned for..... Deep down, in the secret places of my heart, buried so deep that I didn't know it was there, was the slightest glimmer of hope that things would turn out differently and I would be pleasantly surprised.... Amazed even. They say insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. If that is true, I should make reservations for a nice white padded room.  

No comments:

Post a Comment