Saturday, September 26, 2015

The Deep Cries Out the Song of the Ocean

There are two settings in nature that are truly a spiritual expe'rience for me. The mountains and the ocean. When I sit silently on a beach, or on a mountain, I feel as if I all I need to do, is extend my finger ever so slightly to brush the cheek of God. When I am fortunate enough to escape the endless noise of life to a place of nature in its purest form, the breath of God is near. Of course the breath of God is always near, but in these two natural environments, he is not just near... He is VIVID. The few times I have stood in the ocean, I have been exhilarated by the feel of the bubbles as the water swirls around me. It is a living, breathing being that continuously sings of God's unfathomable majesty in the crash of every wave. The ocean is mesmerizing in its constant motion and the melody it sings. God speaks to the deepest part of my soul when I sit on the shore listening to the music created by his hand and his hand alone. Nature brings the Word to life. In Luke 19:40 When Christ says.... 

"If they keep quiet, the stones will cry out."

Sitting on the beach, that is exactly what I hear.... The ocean crying out for Him the way my soul cries out for him. Oh, that I would cry out with more urgency as the deep cries out. Oh, that I would block the distracting sights and sounds and learn to soak and bask in Him as the sand embraces the song of His glory. Every day should be a vacation in Christ... Regardless how unworthy I feel, every day my soul should sing the song of the ocean.

Ephesians 3:18
"How Wide and Long and High and Deep is the love of Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment