Monday, September 14, 2015

Flimsy Arms

This is NOT my arm
A couple of years ago I did a couple of mud runs. Actually, it was more of a mud walk for me. I'm not much of a runner, but I finished both races (I may have come in last, but I finished). I will admit though that I skipped over the obstacles that required any upper body strength except for one. One challenge was to swim in a muddy pond (in 48 degree cloudy weather) and hoist yourself up onto a platform before taking another plunge. Somehow I managed to hoist myself up but it wasn't due to my arm strength. Frigid water can be quite the motivator even to someone with flimsy arms. I remember one obstacle where you had to pull yourself up a rope. Me and my flimsy arms didn't even feel terrible about walking right around that challenge. Anyway, I thought you would like to know that my arms are getting less flimsy. I've been working on them and I'm proud to say that I can pull my socks up without breaking so much as a sweat. I won't be winning any arm wrestling championships with my less flimsy arms, but if I do another mud run I might actually be able think about pulling myself up a rope. I might not get farther than thinking about it, but progress is progress when your talking about flimsy arms.... So yay me!! And that dear friends is about the most exciting news I've had in a long time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment