Thursday, September 10, 2015

Found in Him

It stands as one of the handful of moments I will never forget. I remember exactly what I was doing (and even wearing) when I learned that Elvis had died, President Reagan was shot, and when the Challeger exploded for all the world to see.  I had walked my wee one to school releasing his hand as he crossed the street away from my protective arms. When I got back to the house I flipped on the news while I fixed breakfast. Those first images of the plane hitting the first tower were unimaginable. As the day unfolded, it was clear life in America had taken a sudden change and things would never be the same. Those few days and weeks after 9/11, America did something that was amazing..... We came together as a United force to help, to pray.... To heal. In the midst of pure evil, we put aside our religious differences, our political beliefs, and the endless bickering over race, and united as one country, under God. We proudly flew our flags, held hands, and believed in the power of prayer and unity.... How quickly we forget.  Under the current administration, tensions among Americans have escalated beyond reason. It shouldn't take a national disaster to break down the walls that divide us and drive us to our knees in prayer. Pray for those who lost loved ones on that dreadful day. Pray for those who survived but have memories seared into their mind. Pray for our leaders, or rather pray for us to find leaders who understand that we are a great nation founded under God and the answers we seek can only be found in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment