Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Wind Beneath My Wings


When I think of you, I think of giggles and smiles and questions.... Lots and lots of questions. You will never know how much I miss the days that we sat across from each other at Universal. Everything about you was innocent, sincere and oh so curious. You see all of me and love me still. When I look at myself through your eyes, I feel so unworthy of your friendship. In the truest sense of the words, you have been the Barbara Hershey to my Beaches: The Wind Beneath My Wings. I've watch as you have grown through tremendous trials and heartbreak. If I could take away every doubt, every tear and heal every life wound for you, I would do so in the beat of a heart. I know that as you celebrate your birthday today, a huge chunk of you is missing.... But only in the physical. You have a heavenly realm that watches over you every day, and loves you to the sky and back. Happy Birthday my beautiful friend.
May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face; the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,
may God hold you in the palm of His
Hand.

All My Love,
Jaquetta Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment