Wednesday, January 9, 2013

In a Civil War, Who Would Win?

I try to avoid political post, but here it is. Stepping up to the soap box now on the issue of gun control. Personally, I believe the entire debate is focusing on the symptoms rather than the disease, but that's just my opinion. I have a sticker on my office wall that says "You Can't Fix Stupid", and to some extent, the same could be said for those who are so mentally twisted, they walk into an elementary school and shoot first graders. In my gut, I believe the latest incident was a tragic symptom of someone who desperately needed help, but didn't fit all of the criteria that would enable his mother get the help she needed. The diagnosis of all manner of diseases are now narrowed down to a little check box the doctor must follow, but that's another post altogether and you don't want me to get started on the Governments involvement in our healthcare. Anyway I was talking with someone the other day who said they believed the gun control issue could turn into an all-out civil war. My first response was..... "If a civil war breaks out between 2nd amendment advocates and anti-gun advocates, what the heck are the anti-gun advocates going to use as weapons... Their words?"

No comments:

Post a Comment