Saturday, February 6, 2010

Proud Momma!


You know when you're raising your children you just do the best and pray God does the rest. As Bill Crosby says, "They don't come with an instruction manuel. My oldest son was a pistol, a fireball of energy. Some days he just totally wore me out with his endless questions about things like what if the sky were green all the time instead of blue, or what if the grass was always blue. These are typical kid questions, but he pretty much wanted an answer. The thing about Seth is he is and always was the best natured little thing. Regardless of how many obstacles life throws at him, he just looks at each and every one like an opportunity to do things in a different way. You'll never know how many times I wish I had that tendency. I'll never forget one time when he was in highschool I came home to find him with his head on the table. With him usually being so upbeat I knew something was wrong. I asked him what was bothering him and he kind of gently sighed and said, "Oh, I'm just trying to figure out how I'm going to have enough money to make it till I get paid". Of course I immediatley offered him money, but to my surprise he turned it down and said "No Mom, it will all work out, it always does". That pretty much sums up how he lives his life. He is living proof that when are totally committed to Christ he will supply all of your needs!!!! Yesterday we got the opportunity to visit with him and see his new house for the first time. We had such a great time with him and all of they guys he hangs out with. They all are a living example that you can be young, stand for the cause of Christ and still have an absolute ball enjoying life. Everytime I'm around them they lift my spirits, give me hope and make this Momma a very proud woman. I may not have given birth to all of them, but I feel like they are all family. I am very blessed to have a Son that is such a blessing to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment