Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Frumpinit

My footwear says everything about the way I'm feeling
This morning I woke up feeling like I had an up close and personal encounter with a vampire last night and it had sucked every speck of energy out of me(Is it possible to feel both bloated and drained?). Yea, totally not as glamorous as the movies and romantic novels make it out to be. Not only was I lucky to drag my butt to work, I certainly didn't feel like dressing up in "Toddlers and Tiaras" fashion. I grabbed my jeans, threw on a loose shirt and donned my Tom's in lieu of my stilettos. I swear if I could have gotten away with wearing my pj's I would have. I have a friend who works upstairs that becomes severely concerned when I wear flats... "It's just not you!" So, I posted a wardrobe alert on her facebook page... "I'm totally "Frumpinit" today"...  Sure enough,even with a posted alert she meandered by just to witness for herself how bad of shape I was in.... "Gosh! I can't believe you even OWN a pair those shoes!" You just don't get any more flat than Toms. Ugh! Except when I'm padding around the house (I do love naked feet), my footwear says everything about how I'm feeling inside. Today I'm frumpinit. Hopefully tomorrow will be a high heel kind of day.....

No comments:

Post a Comment