Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Glimpse of the Inner Child


Ever have one of those moments where you catch a quick glance of your inner child or the inner child in someone else? Those are the times I'd like to grab hold of and keep in my pocket. My inner child comes out when I'm playing in the ocean waves. Something about the way the water swirls around my ankles and tickles my toes just makes the little girl in me bubble to the surface. Sometimes I see the inner child in my daughter when she taste something yummy, or in my youngest son when something amuses him and catches him off guard. This weekend I caught a glimpse of my oldest son's inner child when I put my electrode massager on his neck and turned it on. He wrinkled that nose of his,scrunched up his shoulders and giggled like the boy he used to be. Just like that, in the blink of an eye, I envisioned him barefoot and rumpled playing with his sister and one step shy from getting into some kind of trouble. You just gotta love catching a glimpse of that once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment