Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter, a Celebration of New Beginnings

Like Christmas, Easter is one of those holidays that is more fun with little ones around. I used to rush around like a mad woman when the kids were small.... Decorating Easter baskets with small surprises and candy that would hype the kids up for days. I took special care in laying out their new Easter clothes to be worn Sunday morning. I would quietly lay in bed with a huge grin on my face when I heard the pitter patter of little feet bounding down the stairs and then listen for the excited whispers as they explored their surprises. Oh how I miss those days. I may not be dying Easter eggs this weekend, but the thrill of Easter is still very real for me. When you live under the mercy and grace of a risen Savior, every day is cause for celebrating the Resurrection. If it wasn't for the cross and the Resurrection, life would be a hopeless void. Thankfully each new dawn brings a promise that we can be more than we are.... We can be redeemed!! Easter isn't just a annual holiday... It's a daily celebration of new beginnings!!!


John 10:9-11 (King James Version)


 9I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
 10The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
 11I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

No comments:

Post a Comment