Thursday, August 9, 2012

Ever Have Moments Like That?

I sat hunched over my keyboard this afternoon, determined to complete the spreadsheet I was working on before 5 o'clock. I happened to be on the "boxes" tab of the spreadsheet and was double checking to make sure the formulas had copied correctly. When I looked in the formula box a calm even voice (kind of like an announcer's voice on a commercial) said.... "Did you know you have a great big box over in accounting?" For just a split second (maybe a split and a half) I thought to myself.... "I didn't know this spreadsheet could talk. I don't remember creating it with voices.... Wait, can it really do that?" Then the more rational side of me thought....   "Oh crap, that's probably a pop up.... But wait, I'm not logged onto the Internet... I must have a virus!" I looked over to my speaker and that's when I caught the slightest movement from behind my chair. I whirled around to find that God actually wasn't talking to me through the spreadsheet, it was the I.T. guy, Fred lurking (yes, he was lurking) over my shoulder. Good gosh!!! He scared me to death.  It's a good thing I didn't have a bat handy, because I would have very likely had a come to Jesus meeting with FRED. As it was, I just slapped at him and scolded him while I caught my breath and as he had a good chuckle at my expense.  He thought it was so funny he said he might rig my computer to mess with me randomly during the day... As if I don't have enough problems staying focused with my ADHD in full gear and usually jacked up on some kind of processed sugar and caffeine.  It's funny how I have the hardest time getting my brain to process a complete  thought until something like that happens and then suddenly I'm processing 100 nonsensical thoughts at the same time. Is it just me or does everybody have moments like that? Well, moments like that sans the Fred part?

No comments:

Post a Comment