Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Too Much of a Good Thing, Worth the Price?


Like a lot of people who sit in front of a computer all day, my shoulder and neck muscles end up in knots by days end. Yesterday I worked intensely on a spreadsheet which really knots me up. By the time I got home, everything was wound tight. A couple of years ago my husband and I each bought a little tens unit type massager. The good thing about it is, I can put the little sticky pads wherever I'm aching and relax or go about my business as it works those aching muscles... That's the good thing. The bad thing is... I'm not one to do things.... "In moderation". If I love something, I love it a lot. I find it almost impossible to get enough of something I love, that's why
my shoes spill out of the closet and onto my bedroom floor. Sugar is another thing I love. My view is, if something taste good, it will taste twice as good with sugar added. So, I use sugar like most people use salt, I even sprinkle it on spaghetti. I know, weird huh? Everything, even things you love, come with a price. Since I have A LOT of shoes, it's harder to decide which pair to wear in the morning. Since I sprinkle sugar on my spaghetti, I have to walk an extra mile or two or three at night... Depending on how sweet I needed things that day :-) With the massager, I've found that sometimes I'll
hit that sweet spot that's really been hurting, so I'll turn the volume WAY up, until it feels so good it almost hurts and I'm twitching like a dog having a dream. Because I'm not one to do things in moderation, it's hard for me to know when I've had enough and I'll sit and twitch a tad too long which leaves me feeling like... Well, like I've been mauled by a bulldog. That's why I say, too much of a good thing isn't bad as long as you're willing to pay the price and today I certainly am.

No comments:

Post a Comment