Friday, September 7, 2012

An Overstuffed Dryer


Our dryer quit working for like the 4th time this year. It's so inconvenient for me to have to go buy myself new clothes because the dryer isn't working... LOL! No, seriously:-) My sweet husband sent me the following email....

Mike: have concluded from talking to all of the techs that have come out to work on the dryer that they are correcting the problem but they have not figured out the solution. From the research I have conducted on the Internet and past electronic/electrical experience at CMC and from seeing each failure being a different component (i.e. blown input fuse twice, blown input diode twice, blown module once and now a burnt in-put wire), I conclude that we are putting to much load into the dryer from large and often still wet laundry. We need to reduce the size of the loads and/or spin longer while still in the washer. The combination of wetness creates an environment which could effectively cause dust bridges that could cause a short (only a micro-second or so but still occur at the component level). 

Me: So I can't stuff the dryer completely full until I'm unable to get one more article of clothing in? Bummer!


Mike: Yes, you can still do that, but only if you don't care that it will cause the dryer to quit working. You might want to text Caleb and tell him the same thing. He too can stuff the dryer completely full until he is unable to get one more article of clothing in, but only if he doesn't care that it will cause the dryer to quit working.

Isn't he just the sweetest thing? It's a sure bet Caleb will follow Mike's advice, because they are cut from the same cloth... I however, tend to get in a hurry and try to squeeze a lot into a little every chance I get. I will try to behave myself, but there's a good chance I will be doing a lot of shopping:-) Because that's just how I roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment