Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Perfume Travesty

When I was a little girl, our minister's wife, Sister Brown, always smelled so good. When she would hug me, I would just suck her up. Her house even smelled good and I used to tell Mom I wanted to smell like Sister Brown. I was a little bitty thing, but that's when I discovered the importance of fragrance, the impact it can have on others and the mystery of having your very own smell... In a good way people. A nice fragrance has the power to draw me closer or make me want to run far away. Smell has the power to trigger a long forgotten memory and even unearth long buried emotions. Maybe not for everyone, but it's certainly true for me. That's why I'm picky, picky, picky,about perfume. I've never understood how someone can pick up a bottle of perfume, squirt it all over themselves and not give any thought to how it affects others. But, maybe everyone isn't like me (shock and awe) and I suppose I may be a bit of a perfume snob. It's just the way I'm wired and the reason I was so upset yesterday when I learned they had discontinued my fragrance. When I bought my first bottle I knew it was love because I caught myself wanting to lick my arm (all day long). I know, weird huh? The fact that it has fragrance notes of mandarin and white chocolate explains the immediate and long lived attraction, as well as the intense desire to lick. The first thing I did was order a hoard off the internet, but let's be reasonable, I can't buy it all (insert pouty face here), which means I'm going to have to find a new smell, to add to the new me, and I'm not happy about it, not one little bit. It's one thing to you lose your mind and have tiny slivers of you that are still missing,it's totally another thing to lose your smell. It's a perfume travesty!

No comments:

Post a Comment