Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Other Half Of Me

It's almost 10:30 p.m. (way past my bedtime) and I couldn't sleep if someone put a gun to my head. Our daughter who is coming off an 8 month deployment, will be back in the USA by the end of the month. It's been a long 8 months!! If I had a dollar for every time I thought of her during the 8 months, I'd be a very rich woman. If I had a diamond for every tear I've cried, I'd be stylin and profilin. I can't wait to see her sweet face, to laugh with her about girl things, to listen to the stories she tells, to let her sit with her head in my lap while I run my fingers through her hair, and just soak up her girlieness. A Mom never realizes how much she will miss her girl until she is gone. How I've gotten dressed over the last few years, how I've decided which shoe goes with which outfit, how I've managed to do all that stuff we did together is beyond me (we shop by sending pictures to each others cell phones for goodness sake). One thing I know for sure is I can't wait to see her and to know in my heart of hearts she is back safe and sound and in one lovely piece. The other half of me is finally coming home.

No comments:

Post a Comment