Monday, September 28, 2009

Wrapped In Love


A friend of my recently found out she has breast cancer. As someone who loves to “fix things”, knowing how to handle this has been challenging. I want to be supportive, but I don’t want to hover. I want to be upbeat, but I don’t want to be dismissive. She has been wonderful! She has a great attitude and a positive outlook, which makes the job of a friend easier. I know that this is going to be a long journey and there are going to be times, I’m sure, when she is going to have a difficult time staying positive. Another friend of mine called me this weekend with a wonderful idea. We each wrote several cards with scriptures on them, broke into her house while she was away and hung them all over the house. I got a text when she arrived home to find we had vandalized her house, she said she felt totally wrapped in love…. And that’s exactly how we wanted her to feel. I can’t fix her problem, and to a large degree I can’t relate to what she is going through, but while she is going through it, I can stand beside her and wrap her in my unconditional love and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment