Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Change as I See It

Note to all grammar freaks.... This is just a long run-on sentence so don't judge me, I'm not in the mood for it.
I've tried to remain positive during the..... Sell out - Buy out - Merger - or whatever the H#!! you want to call it, but today my patience has been tried to the max. My anxiety is on high alert and I have an overwhelming urge to empty the vending machine in a manic maneuver to calm myself down. The source of my angst are the tiny, tale tale signs that something is up.  I looked out my lovely plate glassed window this morning which usually brings me such joy, and saw two 12 year old looking men/boys in their white collared starched shirts, with their navy suit coats thrown over their shoulders. If someone is going to come in and dismantle our lives, I think they should at least be old enough to shave, but that's my humble opinion and it's one most co-worker's share. There has been a steady stream of stressed, depressed and aggrieved co-workers come through my office today.  I've been swallowed whole by a spreadsheet, so actually time should be flying by. It's not!!!! When I looked up expecting it to be 3 o'clock (break time), it was only 2. That's when I knew that the constant stress of this change is going to do one of several things to me and my co-workers. We will either come out of this fat and sassy from the urge to manically empty the vending machine (hello 20 extra pounds), alcoholics (it's always 5 o'clock somewhere), drug heads (a vaca in Colorado perhaps?), bald head (some are already there), or just plain loony (I have the t-shirt and hat to match), and quite possibly all of the above (I believe I may fall into this catagory). That's it. That is all I have to say right now. I'm going back to my spreadsheet, my formulas, and my cell. Gosh, what I wouldn't do for some padding in here.
Said with a manic giggle
P.S. After writing this a reminder popped up on my computer to create a note of encouragement for my co-workers..... I promptly deleted the reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment