Monday, September 15, 2014

Gloom Chasers

Be it a hormonal surge or the usual Monday urge to be glum, getting a shoe catalogue in the mail didn’t brighten my day.   Typically, a new shoe catalogue is a reason to celebrate, not so much today.  I opened it up with anticipation, and then quickly realized that unless something drastic happens, I wouldn’t need new fall shoes since I very likely will be jobless and penniless by the end of the year.  Of course, my shoe obsession has never been about “need” in the first place but it’s always nice to have somewhere to wear new shoes if you to find a pair you simply can’t live without.  The boots on the cover are rain boots and I think they would go quite nice with the pity party I’m having.  Happy feet are a gloom chasers for sure, especially when they are covered with colorful twirly swirls that repeal wet soggy days.  Sign me up for a pair or maybe two.

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment