Friday, March 8, 2013

Naked Feet

I really should start watching the weather in the morning while getting ready for work instead of the cat fights shown on Real Housewives of This or That county. Yesterday was a beautiful, almost spring day in Oklahoma. I sat at my desk buried under a mountain of paper and didn't wonder out of the office until well in the afternoon. It was gorgeous. The kind of weather that makes me want to dig in the dirt and plant flowers I know won't make it through the summer if I'm the primary caregiver.... It's a wonder my children all made it to adulthood. Today I woke up all hung over from the spring madness of yesterday and since it's Casual Friday, I thought I'd wear jeans and my Croc sandals."We move our clocks up this weekend" I thought to myself as I backed out of the driveway while putting on my sunglasses. Yes, a beautiful day in the neighborhood. I had been at work maybe 30 minutes when I reached down to pull my little space heater closer to my toes... They were a bit chilly. I looked out the office window and it wasn't sunny anymore, it was cloudy. I picked up a stack of papers that needed delivering and took the sidewalk around the building. It was cloudy and cool. When I got back to my office I thought.... "Hey, I'll pull up the weather forecast." it read...
"A 50 percent chance of light rain. Cloudy, with a high near 61. South southeast wind 16 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph." Not a great day to have naked feet. I should have put some toe socks on with my Crocs. Isn't that the proper way to wear them? Oh well, it's no biggie I dressed for yesterday a day late. Beside, with Oklahoma weather there's a 50% chance the forecast is 100% wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment