Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Is It Love?


When in doubt as to whether an act is done out of love, this is  the perfect yardstick.
 
I Corinthians 13:1-7
 
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.  And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

Love suffers long
and is kind;
Love does not envy;
Love does not parade itself,
Is not puffed up;
does not behave rudely,
does not seek its own,
is not provoked, 
thinks no evil;
does not rejoice in iniquity,
but rejoices in the truth;
bears all things, 
believes all things, 
hopes all things,
endures all things. 




No comments:

Post a Comment