Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Child of The King, A Life of a Princess

A few months ago, my daughter asked me.... "Mom do you ever wonder why some people are dealt the hand of cards they are dealt?" I instantly knew what she was talking about. We had both ran into a mutual friend who is an amazing woman. In spite of living her life by biblical guidelines, she has endured more than her share of life struggles. In fact, as we visited with her, my daughter and I were both amazed that the years of struggle and pain, hadn't drained her of her witty personality and amazing good humor. I'm sure she has had days where she has wallowed in self pity, but you sure couldn't tell it from our side of the table.  Unfortunately, I had no answer for the question my daughter asked.  As I was running out of the house one morning this week, my phone rang. Instantly a smile erupted on my face as I answered the phone, knowing one of my favorite people on earth was at the other end. I could tell by the sound of her voice, that she was struggling to keep it together as she headed to work. Like many people, she seems to have dealt with more than her share of tragedy. In the last 10 years she has lost both parents, as well as other key members of her 
family.  The day before, she had attended yet another funeral for a family member in his 20's. Such a tragic death at such a young age. This crisis left her with a dreadful fear that her family was living under some type of family curse. She wasn't alone in her fears, as other family members had expressed the same fears. I'll even admit that over the years I have wondered why this such a wonderful person has had to face such deep heartache.  I've always wished I were more like her because she is beautiful inside and out, doesn't have an enemy to her name. She is just a BEAUTIFUL person!  She lost her mother several years ago and that was a loss that nearly killed her. I've seen her struggle, cry, question and struggle not to be bitter at God for the loss of the one she loved. The journey back has been a long road for her, and just recently it looked like she was dealing with the loss in more of a positive way.  Yet again, she came to me with questions for which I have no answers. I could sense the dark claws of the enemy, doubt, fear, anger, reaching out of the darkness to pull her back into the hole she had just emerged.  It's times like this that we have to keep in mind, that although the Bible says Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." We also have to understand that the Bible also says 1 Peter 5:8 "Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour."  The enemy will use each and every opportunity to clasp the talons of doubt, fear and anger into our hearts. He does so in hope that we will lose sight of the fact that we are indeed a Princess of The Almighty God who reigns over heaven and earth, as well as every tiny detail of our lives whether it is tragedy or victory. As a Princess of The Almighty God, we dwell under the shelter of his wing.   The winds WILL blow, storms WILL rage and there WILL be times when we feel the waves will drown our cries to him. Regardless of how it seems, or what the enemy would have us believe, we are held in the hand of an almighty God. My friend may not see it, but in the years since her mother's death, in spite of her struggles, I've seen her grow. She is stronger than she believes because for a second, she has taken her eyes off of His strength and is only looking at hers.  She feels like she is being stalked by darkness. But, because she is a Princess of the Almighty and lives under the power of The King, all the enemy can do is stalk... hover... intimidate... And attempt to steal her peace of mind. My job this morning, wasn't to answer her questions, it was just to remind her of who she is and to whom she belongs. As long as she keeps that fact front and foremost in her mind, the darkness must keep it's distance because she has a force field of grace surrounding her as she live the life of a Princess..... Child of The King.

No comments:

Post a Comment