Thursday, July 19, 2012

Real Housewives of Stephens County/Reality Check Show

You would think with most of our children gone and out of the house, The Girlfriends and I would find more opportunities to jaunt around having some girlfriend fun. Not so. It seems getting four women going in the same direction at the same time amid hormonal fluctuations,daily frustrations and hot flashes, hasn't gotten a bit easier than when the kids were wee ones... Still, we try to get together for a special time of hooting and hollering for our birthdays. This weekend we celebrated the stylist to the stars birthday, Marcie Perry. There are a ton of things to love about Marcie, but the thing I
love the most is that she always makes me laugh. Beyond being funny, she is an A-Mazzing dancer (I swear there is an African American wrapped up in that lilly white body somewhere). She is astutely knowledgeable in all things (she stayed in a Holiday Inn Express once). She is extremely multi-talented in too many areas to name. For example she makes the most A-Mazzing boobie cake with a nipple that is arousingly authentic.She can lip sync the entire (emphasis ENTIRE) movie "Nacho Libre", including all songs from beginning through the end of the credits and often continues past the end and beyond the point where everyone is impressed. If you put her in charge of directing people, she has a tendency to break out into her Nacho Libre character voice, which is extremely entertaining. She is like a magnet to which I am forever drawn (Marcie, you know what I mean). She is smart, creative, imaginative and innovative and possibly completely nuts like the rest of us. The the most beautifully stunning thing about her, is her spiritual testimony. She has a tenderness for Christ to which I will always strive to follow. With all her witty, silly, wacky ways she exemplifies the seldom taught truth, that being a Christian should be a blast!!!!! Our celebration of this awesome woman consisted of an itinerary of eating, drinking (coffee and tea), shopping and listening our way through Norman Oklahoma and back home again. The entire day was spent with the four of us jabbering, laughing and causing a ruckus that stopped people in their tracks to see what all of the commotion was about. We tagged ourselves as "The Real Housewives of Stephens County" and asked people if they had seen our show, (actually it's more like a traveling circus). We took pictures in almost every store so we could document the day, capture the moment, because that's what The Girlfriends do! We've grown together, laughed together, cried together, fought together, faced storms together and came out on the other end still celebrating together and may it always be so.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww... Jackie... that was so sweet. It made me cry! I love love love having my girlfriends. Even if it did take me a while to realize how much I truly need them in my life! I am blessed beyond measure, and if I am only half of your adjectives and compliments... then I am pretty dang amazing! But truly amazing people surround themselves with truly amazing people! Iron sharpeneth iron!
    :oD
    Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete