Monday, July 9, 2012

Love Lifted Me -The Peaceful Shores of Grace

During worship service Sunday morning we worshiped to contemporary worship songs, then transitioned into the old hymn, Love Lifted Me. I just couldn't help it, but tears welled up in my eyes and spilled down my cheeks because this was the song I sang as I rocked my three babies to sleep. There is nothing in the world like sitting in a rocking chair with your arms full of a bundle of potential, softly singing hope into their tiny souls.

I was sinking deep in sin, far from the peaceful shore,
Very deeply stained within, sinking to rise no more,
But the Master of the sea, heard my despairing cry,
From the waters lifted me, now safe am I.


All my heart to Him I give, ever to Him I’ll cling
In His blessed presence live, ever His praises sing,
Love so mighty and so true, merits my soul’s best songs,
Faithful, loving service too, to Him belongs.



Souls in danger look above, Jesus completely saves,
He will lift you by His love, out of the angry waves.
He’s the Master of the sea, billows His will obey,
He your Savior wants to be, be saved today.


Love lifted me! Love lifted me!
When nothing else could help
Love lifted me!


Sitting there in the darkness, whispering words of hope to the babies I would give my life for, I could only pray and believe that I could instill in them a foundation that would keep them upright against the storms and influences of a world that desperately wants to destroy them. Now, when I'm sitting in the darkness, my arms are empty as my children are all grown except the one teenager searching for a way to define himself. Today my silent prayers for each of them is that love will lift them above the struggles they face and keep them close to the peaceful shores of His grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment