Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Chill Pill

I've had my share of anxiety attacks and trust me they are not fun.  We had a Rat Terrier who had terrible anxiety problems during storms 4th of July fireworks. She probably weighed 15 lbs so managing her when she was anxious wasn't a big deal. We could kennel her during an episode and she would be just fine. My current anxious pet is proving to be a bit more of a challenge, probably because she weighs close to 200 lbs. Where does a 200 lb. dog go when they're scared.... Pretty much any place they want to regardless of barriers that have been put in place. Right now I'm looking at needing to replace my back door, and a bedroom door. I may not be getting much sleep tonight unless the cocktail I mixed for her works it's magic without killing her. I'm making a mental note to call the vet first thing Thursday morning to get something to control a 200 lbs monster who only wants to sit in my lap until the bang bang goes away. The scratches and bruises on my arms aren't from spousal abuse, they are from a massive dog who desperately needs to take a chill pill, in fact I'm beginning to think I need to take one as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment