Monday, June 27, 2011

You Lead Me Down a Path I Cannot Follow

A song that's sung with eerie sorrow...
    Whispers gently in my ear...
Risk the moment with indulgent pleasures...
   Fulfill the now of hollow years...
Tomorrow seems so far away...
   Attainment out of reach...
Endanger of the dream expiring...
    A lesson true my soul does teach...
 Quick a glance behind my shoulder...
A vision of what's left behind...
The knowledge of a solace verdict...
Upon the heart no longer mine...
I contemplate the course before me...
Calculate the cost thereof...
Deduce the burden much too precious...
Transparency to rise above...
And though my heart does long to forfeit...
Certain boundaries with no restraint...
I cannot justify or reason...
The complex price that will be paid...
Forsake my heart in all it's sorrow 
Knowing that I cannot choose...
The path to which I cannot follow...
A dream in which my heart I lose...

No comments:

Post a Comment