Thursday, August 12, 2010

Caleb's Prayer

Today is the first day of school which is Always a bittersweet time for students who are anxious to be back with their friends, but who still want to sleep in with no responsibilities. I think I'll always feel that twinge of excitement in the air on the first day of school, even when I have no more kids in school. As driving to work this morning I saw kids huddled together in their yards, little kids with back packs holding tightly to their Momma's hand as they walked to their first day of the elementary school that is down the street from us. I know several teachers that have been gearing up to get back in the swing of things and who have been spending the last several evenings of their summer getting their rooms ready for the eager little minds that will arrive today. As much as I'd like to put my baby in a bubble where only positive influences can get through to him, I know that real strength comes from the trials and tribulation of day to day decisions and hard choices. My best option is to cover him in prayer like I have my other two kids who are now out on their own. My prayer is: "Lord, keep a hand of protection on him. Lead him and guide him in all things. Build a hedge of protection around his mind, body and soul and fill him with your wisdom. Make your way bright before him and give him courage to walk in that light. Give him strength to stand for what is right. Give him favor with those that have authority over him, and bless him so that he can be a blessing to others".

No comments:

Post a Comment