Monday, August 16, 2010

Eat, Pray, Love

My husband and I went to see Eat, Pray, Love this weekend. He had seen the previews and thought I would enjoy it. Yes, I have a man who is perfectly comfortable taking me to chick flicks and who will admit to anyone that he enjoys going to them.  Five minutes into the movie I was crying.... Not because it was sad, but because I could relate. The crying didn't last long, I gathered myself together and enjoyed the rest of the movie without a bunch of slobbering and snubbing. It seems I cry at the strangest things these days, but then will sit absolutely stoic at heart wrenching stuff.... Go figure. On the way home we had a conversation, which brought me to tears yet again, about why I related to the movie. I can't express what comfort I get from knowing the my husband genuinely understands why I feel the way I feel.  I told him, as I have before, that I know I'm not the only woman who is struggling with this time in her life, I'm just one of the few who happens to be extremely vocal about those feelings. I've been criticized for being so honest about my struggle, I've been criticized for putting it on my blog, but I stand behind the fact that regardless of how uncomfortable we may be with our feelings...... It doesn't make them go away. If as a woman, I can help just one other woman know that she isn't alone in her feelings, then that's good enough for me. Struggling with who you are is the way you crawl out from beneath the rubble. Denying you have questions will never get you answers. So, until I have the answers I will ask. Until I have the answers  I will seek. Until I have the answers I will blog, and hopefully my appetite will return. Do I recommend the movie? Honestly, it will not be for everyone,  for those who have at one time struggled with who they are, yes I believe you will like it. A word of warning though... It will make you want to eat some really good Italian food.... but in my books, that's not a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment