Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Merry Little Muse is Getting Mismatched

My merry little muse has been missing in action as of late.... Either that or I've simply stayed out of trouble and had nothing note going on. I do believe I have stumbled unto a new obsession though, so if you're wondering what to get me for Christmas, Birthday or just because I'm such an awesome human I'll tell you what it is so you can be on the look out for it. Surprisingly it's not shoes, in fact you don't even wear it. It's mismatched china. I happened upon this idea when I was browsing the Internet looking for something interesting to do for one of my friends who asked me to decorate for a mother/daughter tea. Our babies were born around the same time, and our older kids are exactly the same age, so we've been on the same life path for a long time. Unlike my graduate, hers will be involved in every activity available and she is going to be one busy little bee between now and
graduation. I on the other hand, will probably be doing good to get mine in his cap and gown to actually go to graduation.... TOTALLY another blog in itself. So, yes I am kind of sad not to be really up to my chin in graduation stuff, but then again, thinking about it all just makes me tired and kind of glad my graduate is low key, laid back and could care less. I'm doing the tea in a "Key to Success" theme, using skeleton keys, candles, quilt tops and banners.... Very shabby chic. When I started looking at tea parties I noticed how pretty tables looked with a mix of different
china patterns used together. It's simply adorable. I emailed my daughter and told her about my new obsession. Just like a chip off the ole block she replied that she had been thinking the same thing and that we should each start buying two table settings when we find one we like so we would have a matching mother/daughter collection of mismatched china!!! Isn't that a cute idea? I can't wait to find my first set.... I'm on the lookout and I'm taking my muse with me. If you have any you'd like to get rid of, let me know... I know my husband will be so excited.
My official first set plus a set of 4 yellow/green cuties I couldn't pass up for $2.50 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment