Tuesday, May 10, 2011

His Eye is on The Sparrow

They are doing a little re-arranging and re-decorating at work. The work has involved a lot of hammering, pounding and general noise. In addition, they have decided to replace the old louvered windows. The louvered windows make a perfect nesting place for birds. Each spring I watch the birds bring housing material as they begin to build their nests... They make a really big mess! Today the workmen began removing the louvers. I looked up a few minutes before lunch and saw several birds in various throws of death. They were hopping around in the parking lot like a pan of Jiffy popcorn. Being a bleeding heart for anything that breaths, I  didn't think I could walk to my car amid a mine field of dying birds. I asked one of the workmen if they could please clear the parking lot before lunch and They kindly agreed. The birds reminded me of the song "His Eye is on The Sparrow". I have felt like a little sparrow before with a broken wing,a broken leg and more recently, a broken spirit. I believe that it is difficult for the Father to watch us struggle during those times when life throws more at us than we feel like we can bare. Thankfully, he doesn't just sweep us to the side with an out of sight out of mind mentality. I believe he sees our hurts, feels our pain, and holds each tear we shed in his hand. Not only are those times painful for us, but I believe they are painful for him to watch. I intentionally turned away from the window as they swept the birds away, but I take comfort in knowing that he has never turned his back on me.
  "Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care." Matt. 10:29

No comments:

Post a Comment