Monday, May 23, 2011

Going Fishing in a "No Fishing Zone"

I've come to the realization that during a lifetime there are things that although I might get past.... I will never truly get over.  I can't change the past, but I've been given the gift of now.  If you've ever had now almost taken away from you, you appreciate  it more than ever. I'm snuggling up close and personal to forgiveness... Not just spiritual forgiveness (and thank God for it), but personal forgiveness, toward myself.... Toward others. Maybe that's not a big deal to some people, but it's a huge deal to me. I would consider myself long suffering, but when I'm done with a situation or a person.... I'm done! I have a tendency to cast them into the sea of forgetfulness with no life boat or life vest in sight. I'm just being brutally honest here. I don't want to be that way. When my mind wants to rehash the over and done with, I'm learning to push those memories aside and lean on prayer as protective barrier.  People screw up, people hurt your feelings. Situations are created by screwed up, hurting people who have their own agendas. It's not intentional, it's just our nature. That being the said, I probably need to throw a life boat out to a lot of people and at lot of situations I've been in over the last 40something years.  Thank God, Christ tossed my sins in the sea of forgetfulness, instead of tossing me in, which let's be honest, would probably have been easier. I'm guilty of tossing the whole kit and caboodle... Forever and ever amen! Perhaps it's time to go fishing, in a previously posted "No Fishing Zone".

No comments:

Post a Comment