Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Twas The Day After Christmas


Twas the day after Christmas when all through the house
The children were warping from a post sugar bout
Mother was holding her head in her hands
Cause she'd just tried to cook using Daddy's new pans
The cat lay asleeping ignoring the crew
This was really quiet nice after the night he'd been through
The living room stood in shambles galore
There were Barbies and army men that scattered the floor
The stereo blasted with Bonnie Raitt's new tunes
As I quietly crept off to sleep in my room
With a nice cozy blanket and Valium in hand
I had a little more cheer than a body could stand
All I wanted now was some nice pleasant dreams
Far away from the kitchen and my children's wild screams
When I finally awakened Christmas had passed
And all that was left was a credit card mess
It would take me at least until November next year
To pay all the bill acquired by my holiday cheer
And to think that it wasn't really over with yet
Cause the store will be having a huge sale I bet

No comments:

Post a Comment