Monday, June 21, 2010

Daddy's Girl

Tall, dark and handsome... That's the best way to describe my Daddy. Well, the dark part has been replaced with silver but he still has dark  hair at heart. Like most little girls I was a Daddy's girl. Mom and I may have spent more time together, but still there is just something about a girl and her Daddy. I remember waiting patiently for him to tuck me in bed every night. If he happened to miss my "tucking" because of work, then the next night he would have to tuck me twice (a double tuck). I loved being his little helper around the house, holding his tools when he worked and watching in amazement at how he could do, fix, or make anything! Don't all little girls feel like that about their Daddy? As a child I remember him always being funny, doing tricks with his hands, and of course the perfect spot on impersonation of Donald Duck. Yesterday was Father's Day and I just wanted to take the opportunity to thank Daddy for being a wonderful Father. Yesterday, today and tomorrow I will always be a Daddy's girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment