Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A full-time job!!

Last week my husband took me to one of my favorite restaurants for dinner. On the 30 minute drive to the restaurant I rattled on and on about something that had happened earlier in the day with a friend. It wasn't anything terribly important but I was pretty hopped up about it. Right before we got to the restaurant, and after I had finally gotten everything out of my system, I took a breath and asked him if it annoyed him when I got fired up about something. He said the sweetest thing.... He said "No. It just shows that you have a lot of passion and I like that about you." Awe... Now, how sweet is that? I know for a fact that I am annoying when I get riled.... I even annoy myself, but for him to substitute the word "passion" for my hysterics.... Well, it was just the sweetest thing he could have said. Most of the time I wish I had a little less passion and a lot more restraint, unfortunately that's just not how I roll. That's why God gave me a mate with a lot of restraint... To help balance me out. Trust me.... It's a full-time job!!

No comments:

Post a Comment