Friday, April 9, 2010

Motto Of The Week

The motto for this week must have been "If it can go wrong.... it will". Monday I nearly caught the office on fire when I attempted to fix Easy Mac for lunch. Unfortunately with my mind going in 10 different directions at once I somehow.... forgot to add the water before turning it on for 3 minutes. If you've never burnt macaroni to blackened ashes, melting the container they came in.... then you have missed a true experience. Of course since I was trying to "multi-task" I had gone back to me office to catch up while my lunch cooked. It wasn't until I heard the screaming and nashing of teeth that I stepped out to find black smoke pouring from the break room and people coughing and gagging as they ran from the area.  It took me a few seconds to figure out how on earth everything went so terribly wrong in such a simple task. The bright spot is we don't have a sprinkler system at work, so everyone made it out without being drenched. The rest of the afternoon we worked with all the doors opened just so we could breathe. Apparently a vote was taken and it was decided I couldn't use the microwave without adult supervision. I'd like to say that Monday evening was better, but actually it was just about as disastereous, but I'll spare you the gruesome details of that experience... let's just say it wasn't pretty. All day Tuesday I tried coping with a raging headache and when I woke up with it still raging Wednesday morning I called into work sick. After a long hot soaking bubble bath and some medicine I decided to go in for 1/2 a day. Actually I didn't feel too bad but while I was sitting at break I happened to look down at my skirt and.... something just didn't look right. Again, it took me a few seconds to realize that yes indeed.... I had my skirt on inside out and yes indeed... I had paraded all around the office. I now have people that check me out in the morning before work begins to make sure everything is... in... place.  More often than not, I am blonder than I pay to be and that's the honest to God truth. The rest of the week was... well, let's just say I made it through in one piece. To say I'm looking forward to the weekend is an understatement!!! I'm going to re-group, find my mojo, and hopefully have my game face on and be ready for action come Monday morning. Of course if that doesn't work I'll just play the head injury card... I may be keeping that one in action for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment