Thursday, February 13, 2014

Love With No Regrets

This time last year I was celebrating my birthday in style... Deep blue sea style.  I snorkeled, played in the sand and soaked in the sweet salt air far away from black balloons and older than dirt jokes. IT-WAS-WONDERFUL.  Today I’m wishin I could rewind the hands of time for an instant replay and to be granted a couple of do-overs that life doesn’t usually afford. I’ve always loved Valentine’s Day. I remember going to the stores in February as a wee one and being mesmerized by the stuffed bears, cards, candy and decorations. My Momma would tell me that the stores brought Valentine stuff in so everyone could celebrate my birthday. There you go! That’s where the “It’s all about me” mentality originated.   People who have birthdays around Christmas and New Year’s feel cheated, but I love having my birthday on Valentine’s Day. Even if I do say so myself, my birthday fits me perfectly. All the romantic sentiments and decorations couldn’t be more Jackie-ish.  The fact that it’s a day of celebrating love, friendship and all things sweet, is just an added bonus. I’d like to scoop all of my friends and family up in a great big stuffed bear hug and wish each and everyone of you a Happy Valentine’s Day. Go out and LOVE with no regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment