Thursday, August 1, 2013

Win - Win Intervention

One of the things I hate do to the most is file! I guess it's from having been covered up with paperwork when I worked for a doctor. But sometimes I have to put my big girl panties on and do what has to be done and that includes filing. Yesterday I was filing marketing letters which is a mundane task that takes minutes but I will put off for weeks. When I had almost finished, I pulled open a file drawer that was only partially full of files with the back half
full of dark chocolate candy bars..... Hmm, looks like someone has a chocoholic problem. I asked my co-worker to come into the hall with me. I pulled the drawer open and asked if she needed an intervention.... I thought we could work through her "Problem" together which would kick our energy level up a notch AND make room for more files. As I see it, this type of intervention would be a win - win situation for the both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment