Friday, August 9, 2013

"Catch and Release" Requires a Double Shot


A double shot in my Friday morning Starbucks is the best shot I've got at making this Friday do-able. The first sip, hit my already knotted stomach like a bomb. My windpipe is threatening to cinch all my air flow off and my eyes keep hazing over with what I know isn't seasonal allergies. I couldn't settle last night so finally I got out of bed and went downstairs to play the piano with vengeance. After that, I wondered into the den to watch TV, but nothing interested me. I thought about going for a walk, but given the Ambien I had taken, I wasn't so sure that would be a good idea. Finally, I went to bed and drifted into a miserable sleep. In lieu of waking up sad, I woke up pissed, hence the double shot of espresso hoping it will pass as a mood enhancer. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't enhance my pissiness, but instead turns this frown upside down. Thank goodness, the office is all but empty, so I don't have to put on a smile that I'm not feelin. On the bright side, this is the last time I'll have to feel the hollow ache
of releasing a child into the wild. It gives a whole new meaning to "catch and release".

No comments:

Post a Comment