Wednesday, January 20, 2016

God Help America

(Note: I should have written this blog post in all caps, because if I were discussing it with you in person, I would not be using my "inside voice")


The other night my husband and I went to see the Movie "13 Hours", which is based on the true story of the six members of a security team who fought to defend the American diplomatic compound in Benghazi. The movie itself did not lean in any political direction..... It is simply an accurate portrayal of the hell on earth that took place in Benghazi on September 11, 2012. It is a powerful example of the courage of soldiers protecting Americans in a foreign land. I found myself shaking my head throughout the movie, stunned that such an event took place. It's unbelievable that with so many lives lost, no one is being held accountable for the negligence of how it unfolded both during and after the fact. I left the theater mad..... Really mad. It is unimaginable to me, that someone responsible for the mismanagement of such an event, would have the gall to not only minimalize it("at this point, what difference does it make?"), but also to lie about it and then ask the citizens of our nation to actually elect them to the highest office in the country. The whole idea is like a really bad Quentin Tarantino film.... It's absurd! But what is even more shocking is there are probably enough clueless Americans who would actually vote for her!!!!!! God help us all.... God help America


2 Chronicles 7:14
"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

No comments:

Post a Comment