Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Reflection, 25 Things 2015 Taught Me

It's hard to believe it's time to shut the door on 2015 and step into the future. I had a sad start when the door opened to 2015. New Year's Eve my husband and I lay beside our beautiful Sailor Girl (Mastiff) as she passed along with the year. For the first time in 20 years, we did not enjoy New Year's day playing games and having fun with our friends, but rather we found ourselves digging a grave large enough to bury a human, in the freezing rain. It was not a happy start. Here are a few of the things 2015 taught me.

1. Sailor isn't the only friend I lost in 2015.

2. There can be benefits to loss (less dog hair, less expense).

3. Regardless of the challenges you face, keep putting one foot in front of the other and   fake it until you make it.

4. When you hear the phrase "The airbag deployed", what they really mean is your steering wheel will EXPLODE in your face which changes the way you view airbags forever (I don't necessarily consider them friendly devices).

5. Being a Lolli is the best thing on earth.

6. When you come to a slippery slop, take a different path.

7. The Cinderella movie was just as good as I imagined.

8. I'm glad my kids aren't teenagers.

9. I still get nostalgic about back to school.

10. People Pleasers get no slack.

11. A new mop rocked my world.

12. A hot flat iron will remove your finger prints.

13. Change is good.

14. Mom's not mad at me anymore.

15. Resorts don't want you petting the fish.

16. Sandcastles look different in pictures than they do in real life.

17. Never let a friend post a picture of you in your swimsuit!!! EVER

18. The ocean contains the breath of God.

19. Going above and beyond blesses you.

20. I can express myself with more than words and eye rolling.

21. My living room is perfectly arranged.

22. Sweet things can bite.

23. The Amish aren't the only ones who believe in shunning those who disagree with them.

24. I have the best husband in the world.

25. I love people who make me belly laugh.


Come on 2016, give me what you've got. To you and yours..... Be blessed!



No comments:

Post a Comment