Wednesday, November 18, 2015

You Can't Improve Perfection

"It sounds like there's a Tasmanian Devil loose down here." My husband said as he came down the stairs Saturday morning. "It's perfect, just perfect... I change everything." I say in my best Frank Eggelhoffer (Father of the Bride) voice. He just laughed. I woke up Saturday morning with a sudden urge to "re-arrange" the living room. Why? I have no clue, that's just how I roll. I had it completely disassembled and was in the process of moving the baby grand piano from one end of the room to another. I got him to lend a quick hand before he left for work. He left me to it, not knowing what in the world he would come home to. He was happy to go to work and I was happy for him to go because I don't like anyone in my zone when I'm in "The Zone". Over the next 4 hours I moved large pieces of furniture from hither to yon looking for just the right fit. I had two constraints, or rather Albatrosses, to work with. One was the baby grand... You can't just stick one of those puppies anywhere. The other was the chaise couch that was part of my living room set. When we bought the set, my youngest son really wanted us to get that particular piece. Why? I have no clue because I'm almost certain that he has never used it. I love it, but because of the way it's designed, it doesn't look right next to the couch or love seat... So I moved, and shuffled everything much like you would a Rubix Cube on a larger scale (are you bored yet?). Riley, my Bulldog was under my feet supervising the entire process. Finally, after each and every piece had been assembled in every way possible, I came to the conclusion that there was no better option than to put it back as it was. On a positive note, I was able to clean everything, which was a much needed bonus but wasn't part of my original plan. I intentionally wasn't in the living room when my husband came home. I heard the front door slam and he said..... "I LOVE what you've done with the living room!" I smiled and he said.... "You can't improve perfection." I love that man.

No comments:

Post a Comment