Thursday, June 5, 2014

Prepare Yourself to be Annoyed


Wednesday was a long day. A little after 4 a co-worker happened into my office asking about the anticipated birth of my first grandchild. She asked if I had heard from my son and daughter-in-law who were having a ultra-sound and would hopefully be able to tell if it was going to be a Baby PitterPatter or Baby PitterPatty. I told her I hadn’t heard and I was trying not to be pushy, so I hadn’t texted them. As if by magic, my cell phone rang and the caller ID showed it was my son. I answered the phone as natch as possible… “Stay cool, just stay cool” I told myself. My son knows his momma well. This is how the conversation went….

Me:
“Hey”

Him:
“Hey, what are you doing?”

Me:
“Oh, just working… Kind of…”

Him:
“Yeah? So you’re working?” (As if that should somehow be shocking to him.)

Me:
“Yeah, I really am. So, what did you do today?”

Him:
(Laugh) “You know what I did today… Don’t try to be coy with me.”

Me:
“I’m not being coy! I’m being subdued…. This is what subdued looks like on me….. So?”

Him:
“We had our appointment today. The baby will be here October 19th (also my youngest son’s birthday), They measured everything and it’s all just perfect… He was really moving around.”

Me:
“You slipped!!! You said he!”

Him:
“I didn’t slip. We’re having a little boy.”

From that moment forward, my voice became squeaky because I was TOTALLY suppressing my urge to freak completely out!!!!! I have tried so hard to maintain my excitement and be all “Cool, this is not big deal” but this is TOTALLY a big deal and the excitement is just so hard to control. When I got off the phone with him I texted everyone to let them know because… Hello, this should be on FOX NEWS. Then I went and annoyed the crap out of my co-workers because that’s what a Lolli should do! We annoy the crap out of people who haven’t gotten to the Lolli stage yet, and we amuse those who have been there. Fair warning…. If you haven’t been there, prepare yourself to be annoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment