Friday, June 1, 2012

Good Girl Just Like You

A Good Girl takes the oath that will change her life and will help change our Country


I got the most precious text from my daughter last night. I hadn't heard from her all day which isn't unusual since she often works 12-14 hours a day. Just like a lot of jobs, the end of the month is crunch time for her... Quotas to meet, reports to complete. As I sat and watched the Oklahoma City Thunder roll over the San Antonio Spurs, I got a text that read....

"I got one in on the last day of the month! She's already my favorite."

Recruiting for the United States Navy may sound easy, but it's proven to be a very challenging job... Especially in May when most high school students have graduation and summer fun on their minds. Add those distractions to the stringent requirements handed down from above, and it is often like looking for a needle in a haystack. I texted her back with...

"She is beautiful! Tell her we're very proud of her."

My husband and I have always had a great deal of respect for the military, but since our daughter has been in and we've seen the tremendous difficulties they face, it's raised our gratitude to a new level. It's also been touching to see our daughter's pride grow throughout her career. She replied with...

"I am so proud of her, she is such a good girl, she is going to do great things."

She sounded like a proud Momma and all I could say is...

"Just like you."

1 comment:

  1. I'm very proud to know your daughter. ron

    ReplyDelete