Saturday, April 14, 2012

Good Life Choices = Blogable Moments

Today was packed with more blogable moments than I could possibly write in one evening. For sure some of the moments will have to be saved for a later blog. First let me say, if you have neglected the luxury of surrounding yourself with wonderful friends, then it's never too late to go out and meet someone. I've said it again and again, but it could never be said enough. One of the smartest things I've ever done is surround myself with wonderful friends. My kids weren't raised by two parents, they were raised by a village of people who love them as dearly as if they were their own. Today my best friends in the world hosted a wedding shower for my son and his beautiful bride to be. They are a non-traditional type couple and are going for a non-traditional wedding. My girlfriends insisted on there being one traditional thing to the wedding and that was the wedding shower. The couple to be had their reservations about being showered as it goes against who they are to register for expensive gifts for other people to buy them, but after the warm reception they had today, I think they changed their minds. After opening the gifts and reading the cards my son thanked everyone. I piped up and mentioned that  "The Girlfriends" made  sure there was one traditional thing about their wedding. What my son said was priceless and oh so true. He said.... "If The Girlfriends aren't happy, it's like having 10 Moms that aren't  happy" and that is absolutely the truth. That child has been raised by more God fearing, fun loving, out spoken women than any child could dare dream about. Between myself and The Girlfriends there wasn't a topic, question or life decision that couldn't be discussed. He seems to have turned out quite well and it's a parenting method I highly recommend. Don't be afraid to allow other people to positively influence your children. It's the best thing you can do for them.

You can never have to many Moms
Million Watt Smile
Rolling pin can also be used as weapon in case he gets out of line

Love this, one gift he actually registared himself was bubble wrap.  Hmm, she selects pots and pans, he selects bubble wrap. This is true Seth-like behavior

A very traditional wedding gift

Less traditional gift of octopus dishes

When I asked them if there was a gift they really wanted but were afraid no one would get, I was told octopus dishes. My first reaction was....  _ _ _ _ _ _ _! But when I saw them, I just couldn't resist. I mean, how many people do you know have a set of octopus dishes that are just so absolutely adorable. This gift was given with the understanding if they decided to give away all their worldly possessions to spread God's word in some remote part of the world that would likely result in their death (as in "End of the Sword type place), these dishes have to come home to Momma or Sissy. Hopefully the very thought of having to give these dishes back will keep them living in the good ole USA even if they do live in a commune. :-) LOL, but not kidding.

I love my expanding family, they are the best!

1 comment:

  1. I love love love the octopus dinnerware set. Do you know where they got them from? I've seen them on the Anthropologie website, but wondered if you could get sets elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete